Thursday, January 14, 2010

peanut butter cookies, mmm.

I find it fairly hilarious that my first entry is about cookies.. those of you who know me probably do not find it surprising. If you are wondering what these entries will be about, you'll have to wait and see. Everything [put onto this blog] depends on what type of writing mood I am in. Being unhealthy and stuck at home, cookies sounded more appealing than poetry at this point. Eventually I'll post some sort of "get to know the author" post and I will rant on and on about myself. Writing that down just now made the idea sound conceited... perhaps I won't..

To the main point:
I like this recipe. Not too much sugar, which is good for an addict like myself. I recommend turning down your oven 15 degrees if you have a hotter oven. Also, I did not sift the flour... and I put in a little spoonful of extra peanut butter because I like my cookies to taste like something. I stole the recipe from Allrecipes.com  ^_^ Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar for decoration

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Criss-cross with fork tines.
  3. Bake at for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly, and remove from pan.


2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I haven't posted anything since July. But I can still say it like I know something about blogging if I want. Welcome to the world of blogging.

raquel rose said...

hey thanks for commenting! And thank you, I am sure to enjoy blogging ^_^