Monday, December 27, 2010

It. Is. Time.

It is time to answer a question which could change lives.

What steps are you taking toward your dreams?

Wow. Pretty intense question to ponder. It kind of makes my insides quiver, because there is so much to be done, and I'm unsure of where to start.
Confronted by this monster, the past five minutes have been spent busily, and in utter disarray. However, of one thing I am certain, these next years are going to be AMAZING. There is beauty everywhere I go, music singing toward me from mountaintops and alley-ways-- there is love seeping into my heart, and growing vines in my lungs. Someday, I want to be the type of person who does everything because of love.

To even begin to answer that impending question, one must first decide what their dreams are made of. Mine must be made of love, I believe. (Technically I only sort of decided to accept this crazy and splendid dream God put in my heart). All I know now is that I want to create, organize, and reach out to people more than I have before. Build things. I want to build things that will not decay. Relationships; these are what I want to build. Perhaps, as someone once told me, we are... only because we live in relation to others, and God.

In essence, I want to move toward my dreams... Still working on how, exactly.

I think it begins with cleaning up my room, using my beckoning canvases, drawing sound from the cello and of course, giving my boy another hug :)

1 comment:

Alex Newman said...

You inspire me, lady. I see God in you and in your writing. "Someday, I want to be the type of person who does everything because of love."

Gave me chills. Because I want that, too.